Sunday, March 23, 2008
We travel Bangalore to Mysore by KSRTC Bus. It was volvo. Well comfort, roads are well maintained and it takes almost 2.5-3 hours to reach Mysore Bus Station. There are couple of daily tourism facility available which has a day package in a small bucks. We choose one of them which includes all traveling inside Mysore.
This is one of the glory of the Indian Kingdom. King Wodeyar has built it with a glory and one of the best architecture. In night, they make it enlighten and it views amazing with a proud in heart. After this, I felt very honor to be Indian. The sinhansan is made of gold and it is out for civilian on the occasion of the Darshera. It is rare to see such things.
Zoological Garden (zoo):
One of the rarest zoo I have seen. Never got a chance to see the animals like Giraffe, Chimpanzee, Baboon, Wild Buffalo, Swamp Deer, Langur etc. and this is not the end. List is very large. All animals are very well cared and it takes almost 3-4 hours to complete a good way. We got almost 1.5-2 hour and we missed some of the last series of it. Morning is the best time to visit.
Tipu's death place, his summer palace, rocket & bomb manufacturing unit are exceptional on the way to Rangapatnam. Tipu's death place is near to Kauvery and Britishers have destroyed whole his unit badly. We hadn't stopped there because of time limit and went forward to Brindawan Garden.
Brindavan Garden: This is one of the biggest well maintained garden I would say. There are two ways in the garden, namely North and South. North part contains the garden and fix fountains whereas South garden contains a lake and musical fountain with a few bucks. We have seen similar and advanced musical fountain at the home town (ahmedabad) and because of the time limitation we proffered to go for the north garden. North garden is huge and there are 4-5 slots of the garden. Each slot contains a series of fountains. They are nice and we reached there at 7 after sunset, so didn't get much chance to see flowers there, but did enjoy fountains much. I found very similar and regular but size is large.
In addition to this, we also visited Chamudeshwari Temple, which is famous over south. We were not much interested and there was rain so, we enjoyed outside with breakfast and tea !!
How to reach & travel:
One can reach Mysore from Bangalore by KSRTC bus. They are at high frequency and adequate rupees. Around Mysore, we took a travel package and that was ok. Next time, we will directly go to the interested places rather than for all places. Same for coming back, buses are available from Mysore station and also from Brindavan Garden.
Its a nice place and do visit when you get a chance.
Have a nice time !!
Tuesday, March 18, 2008
On the main screen type
*#06# for checking the IMEI (International Mobile Equipment Identity).
*#7780# reset to factory settings.
*#67705646# This will clear the LCD display(operator logo).
*#0000# To view software version.
*#2820# Bluetooth device address.
*#746025625# Sim clock allowed status.
*#62209526# - Display the MAC address of the WLAN adapter. This is available only in the newer devices that supports WLAN like N80
#pw+1234567890+1# Shows if sim have restrictions.
*#92702689# - takes you to a secret menu where you may find some of the information below:
1. Displays Serial Number.
2. Displays the Month and Year of Manufacture
3. Displays (if there) the date where the phone was purchased (MMYY)
4. Displays the date of the last repair - if found (0000)
5. Shows life timer of phone (time passes since last start)
*#3370# - Enhanced Full Rate Codec (EFR) activation. Increase signal strength, better signal reception. It also help if u want to use GPRS and the service is not responding or too slow. Phone battery will drain faster though.
*#3370* - (EFR) deactivation. Phone will automatically restart. Increase battery life by 30% because phone receives less signal from network.
*#4720# - Half Rate Codec activation.
*#4720* - Half Rate Codec deactivation. The phone will automatically restart
If you forgot wallet code for Nokia S60 phone, use this code reset: *#7370925538#
Note, your data in the wallet will be erased. Phone will ask you the lock code. Default lock code is: 12345
Press *#3925538# to delete the contents and code of wallet.
*#7328748263373738# resets security code.
Default security code is 12345
Unlock service provider: Insert sim, turn phone on and press vol up(arrow keys) for 3 seconds, should say pin code. Press C,then press * message should flash, press * again and 04*pin*pin*pin#
Change closed caller group (settings >security settings>user groups) to 00000 and ure phone will sound the message tone when you are near a radar speed trap. Setting it to 500 will cause your phone 2 set off security alarms at shop exits, gr8 for practical jokes! (works with some of the Nokia phones.)
Press and hold “0″ on the main screen to open wap browser
Saturday, March 15, 2008
- Narrow roads in the city. 4 lane is very common even at MG road. But I tell you one thing, corporation are very environment friendly, even roads becoming broader preserving all the side trees. It is really to be appriciated.
- Well manged Bus service. Excellent example of Public Transport. Even highly paid engineers do travel with local bus.
- In City Bus, half of the seats are reserved for womens.
- Auto rick-show drivers always asking for some 20-30 bucks extra than meter rates.
- I see Volvo bus as a city bus for the first time!!! I doubt anywhere else in India Volvo can be afforded as a city bus.
- Blood-sucking traffic at all the time.
- City Buses in which Driver himself will issue tickets. Hats-off to these drivers who manages to give tickets in while driving in heavy Bangalore traffic.
- Hopefully, Metro Rail will help in traffic problem.
- Tea is served with aluminum glass & bowl instead of cup.
- Coffee is much better compared to my home town and North India.
- Excellent Juice centers. Although they are at high rate at office places but its very fresh.
- Dhosa, Idli & Vada are usual morning breakfast.
- Here and there, you can find Hyderabadi Hotels serving Bowls of Rice and Dal in a few bucks. Still you can get any damn Indian food here.
- Names with 'a' added at the end or 'h' added in between. For example, Ashoka, Santhi.
- "Rangoli" outside home every morning.
- Rain in all of the three season.
- Gutters & Drainage system is along side with roads and they are not well sealed. We can experience gap between stones used to seal it. Many a places they are broken and we need to be careful in that. This is very similar to the drainage system in the villages and town. Not much update, they are same.
- People with asian paints black colour.
- Really cool environment whole year.
- Only south Indian movie posters on walls. Only south indian music in shops.
- Weekends are heaven. People will rush into movies and shopping like hell. Movie tickets hit minimum amount of 225-250 in these days. After that also, you will hardly get tickets.